2013 is shaping up!
While Disneyland won’t be openings any new rides in 2013, there’s still more than enough planned to keep us excited for the first few months of the year!
• We’re most excited about the spring opening of Fantasy Faire; a new, permanent home for the Disney Princesses. Adjacent to sleeping Beauty’s Castle, Fantasy Faire utilizes the area vacated by Carnations Garden Plaza, which closed in April. Fantasy Faire will feature live shows, meet and greets and a daily Royal Ribbon Parade around a maypole called Tangled Tower, in which attendee’s can participate.
• The Golden Horseshoe Review is returning to Frontierland for a limited run; January 10-February 4.
• The Tinkerbelle Half-Marathon Weekend is January-18-20 and is sure to sell out.
• Valentine’s Week: With the castle bathed in red and pink lights, lovers can enjoy special menus at select restaurants and special Valentine collectibles will be on sale, for one week only
• Dapper Day is February 24. An unofficial event, is a day for guests to wear their Sunday best to the parks. There is also an evening-only event in the fall.
• Long Lost Friends Week (Dates TBA) will spotlight many of Disney’s lesser-known characters such as Clarabelle Cow, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum.
See you There!