When you think of things to do in Anaheim this holiday season, you may not realize just how many family friendly activities that there are. Even for those who are single or who don’t have any children can keep themselves well occupied with the following events:
- The Science of Ripley’s Believe it or Not – If you have been amazed in the past by Ripley’s then you should see the science behind it. You’ll see all of the amazing things that Ripley’s has to offer and explore the science that they made them. This includes traversing the inner workings of a life size prehistoric snake by crawling through it and seeing how tall you are when compared to the world’s tallest man! There are even sculptures so small you have to look at them through a microscope.
- Trains, Trees & Traditions – Head over to the Nixon Presidential Library to see one of the most incredible examples of a model train exhibit. This runs from November 23rd to January 5th and offers six different model railroad scenes to enjoy. President Nixon was a huge lover of trains since he was a boy and he recalled fondly watching the steam from the engines near his boyhood home. You can awaken that some love and joy with your children by visiting this great train collection during the holidays. Museum hours, more information and directions can be found by following the link here.
- Sixth Annual Surf Board Auction – It wouldn’t be the holidays in Southern California without something surfing related. This auction benefits the charity Surfers Healing with the bidding closing at noon on December 31st. You can head to the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel to check out more than three dozen surf boards that have been donated for charity. This is a charity that was founded by a local surfer whose son is autistic and who has grown a love for water where he seems to fit in. His father would take him surfing and came up with the idea of surfing as a therapy for other autistic children. You can donate or bid on a surf board by clicking the above link. If nothing else, at least take your children to see the unique surfboards that are on display for the public to enjoy.
- The Science of Gingerbread – Who hasn’t at least made gingerbread cookies or tasted one once in their life? Gingerbread men and houses have become the staple of the American Christmas tradition and are explored in a more scientific way at the Discovery Science Center. This exhibit will be open until January 5th for the 8th Annual Holiday Festival. Families will be able to take part in scientific kitchen activities and can view astounding gingerbread creation. There is also cookie decorating and many other activities that are perfect for children young and old.
- Newport Beach Boat Parade of Lights – For anyone who has never seen this event, it is a must! Running from Dec. 19th to Dec. 23rd, you’ll see boats of all shapes and sized decked out in their holiday lights and decorations for a parade on the water. There are free viewing areas or you can book a spot on one of the many cruise ships to watch from the comfort of the deck.
So, if you haven’t been able to find anything to do this holiday season, consider the above as some great options for both singles and families. With this many activities to keep you entertained, it’s a wonder you’ll have any time for Christmas shopping!